Monday, July 10, 2006

Done!

I actually finished a couple of things this weekend - the suede booties (this was a no-brainer - they only take about an hour each...) and the pink mohair/silk ruffly scarf. I love this Ovation yarn - 75% kid mohair, 25% silk, or as someone near and dear to me described it - goat and worm poop. Yeah. Thanks for that romantic vision of lovely yarn...


the booties are equally sweet.


These are being sent off shortly to B.C. - a co-worker is due this fall. One of the co-workers I like - a rare thing around this job. I'v said it before - I'm really looking forward to getting out of here - If you're so inclined, pray I get a phone call in the next little while...

As per the norm, we were at the cottage on the weekend. This was a much needed weekend, as Friday was horrible - I was made to look like an incompetent by the owner of our company, in front of the entire staff. He just talked over my discussion, asking if I really knew what my job was and how to do it. At that point, I just shut up. It's one thing to defend yourself, it's something completely different when he won't listen. At least 6 people came up to me afterwards, commiserating with me. It seems to be my turn this month. Great. I can't wait until Friday so we can go north again! And in August - we'll take our vacation there. Ah, heaven!

Of course, what would a cottage weekend with kids be without the current trend of a Diet Coke/Mentos geyser? 15 feet of Diet Coke straight up - the result of adding 6 Mentos to a 2 litre bottle. The kids were ecstatic.



The things we do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that ruffled scarf and such cute bootees! Your coworker will love 'em.